AL
Posted By
al_lewek
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie question . How does one turn a rectangle photo into a circle photo? cant find info in the book Thanks in advance al lewek

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 28, 2004
Hold down the little triangle by the Rectangular Marquee tool and choose Elliptical Marquee. If you hold down the Shift key while using it, it will restrain the tool to a perfect circle.
AL
al_lewek
Jan 28, 2004
Thanks Beth That did the trick AL Lewek
RC
Robert_Camacho
Jan 30, 2004
I tried holding down the shift key after changing to the Elliptical Marquee but it didnt give me a perfect circle. However, I changed the setting of the style on the menu bar to Fixed Aspect Ratio and then I got my perfect circle.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 31, 2004
Robert,

I had a lot of problems with this and then I found out that if you change to "new selection" (the little boxes at the top of the screen) then it works just fine. Now another one is if you want to draw a circle from a central point then click on the central point hold down alt and shift and the circle then draws from your central point.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 31, 2004
Robert, start dragging the ellip marquee a little first before holding down the shift key.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 31, 2004
Robert, start dragging the ellip marquee a little first before holding
down the shift key….

….and when you have the right size circle, release the mouse button before releasing the shift key.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 31, 2004
yup ….glad you pointed that out Chuck 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 31, 2004
Jodi, I fussed with that ellipse for a long time before getting it right; couldn’t seem to coordinate my fingers. Just wanted to save someone else the hassle!
😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections