P
Posted By
PeterK.
Sep 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My machine was recently updated from 10.3.something to 10.4.7, and it seems that now when I open the info on a .psd file, I can change the associated program to photoshop CS from CS2, but if I try to click "change all", the association reverts back to CS2. How can I make it so all my .psd files open in CS by default?

os 10.4.7
Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (2.2)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 900 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.1.8f7

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Sep 5, 2006
That is the only way that I know. I’ve not used "change all" in the context of telling the system to open files in an earlier version of the system. I have only changed files to be opened with a different application. It seems the system defaults to the newest app or the one that is open.

If you start up Photoshop CS first all files double clicked on will open in Photoshop CS.
P
PeterK.
Sep 5, 2006
Yeah, I’ve noticed that. I’ll have to stick to that. But I just want to clarify that you confirm that when you do try to "change all" to CS in OS 10.4.7 that it does indeed make your system default to CS2?

I just got annoyed today when CS2 crashed on me in the middle of a job. I only lost about 10 minutes of work, but I only noticed that I had been working in CS2 when the crash error popped up. So far in my experience, I get CS2 crashes a few times a week, whereas CS is maybe once every few months, which is why I like to default to it. Today I double-clicked a file to open and didn’t notice that now it’s CS2 that starts up by default, and got burned.
B
Buko
Sep 5, 2006
There must be something wrong elsewhere in your user account or system or even hardware, I can’t remember the last time Photoshop crashed.
L
Larryr544
Sep 5, 2006
The last time PS crashed as you have described I had a hardware problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections