PS thinks I have two monitors, can’t see palettes – help?

DS
Posted By
Darlene_S_Hildebrandt
Aug 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m new here and I need some help. I recently bought a new Mac mini and had to migrate Photoshop over to it from my old G4 powerbook. I was running a second monitor with the powerbook and now PS CS thinks it is still there.

I cannot figure out how to get the pop up dialogue boxes to show up now. Image size is invisible but I know it’s there somewhere because if I just type numbers it does size the image, I just can’t see what I’m doing?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Darlene

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
by_Buko
Aug 4, 2006
reset your preferences
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2006
What Buko says. Here’s how:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/312917.html>
DS
Darlene_S_Hildebrandt
Aug 4, 2006
I tried that and it asks me for a folder for plug-ins?

If I get it to work though, will I lose all my custom actions, curves, etc that I’ve created and paid for?
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2006
it asks me for a folder for plug-ins?

You have installation problems because you "migrated" or "cloned" a Photoshop install rather than use the CD/DVD to install a fresh copy of Photoshop. Now Photoshop is looking for stuff in your other drive. :/

Migrating and/or cloning is almost always a monumentally bad idea, in my view.

If I get it to work though, will I lose all my custom actions, curves, etc that I’ve created and paid for?

Of course not. Just remember to Save any actions or presets you have created yourself.
DS
Darlene_S_Hildebrandt
Aug 4, 2006
Got it!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I could kiss you where ever you are!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections