Posted By
Flying Horse
Feb 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me on how to do this? I want to convert a picture (rectangle) to a picture with round corners. How can I cut the corners so that all corners are round? I tried using the rectangle marquee tool, but to no avail.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

–o–
Feb 1, 2004
Could someone advise me on how to do this? I want to convert a picture (rectangle) to a picture with round corners. How can I cut the corners so that all corners are round? I tried using the rectangle marquee tool, but
to
no avail.

there’s a few ways of doing it, but what i usually end up doing is…

using the round marquee tool set up a ‘fixed’ circle measured at whatever kind of rounded corner u want – then using that size marquee, copy each corner
of the original layer and paste them over the top – then link each of the 4 layers together and join them into 1 (ctrl-E) then erase underneath (from the original image) each copied circle – leaving rounded corners 🙂 then join the 4 circles to the original layer and robert’s yer uncle
T
thomas
Feb 1, 2004
probably the best approach would be to use your rounded rectangle shape tool…set it so that it creates a work path, then set the radius for whatever you want it to be…make your rectangle and then either load the path as a selection, invert the selection and delete…or better yet, use it as a vector mask.

-tom

"Flying Horse" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me on how to do this? I want to convert a picture (rectangle) to a picture with round corners. How can I cut the corners so that all corners are round? I tried using the rectangle marquee tool, but
to
no avail.

Thanks.

E
edjh
Feb 1, 2004
Flying Horse wrote:

Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me on how to do this? I want to convert a picture (rectangle) to a picture with round corners. How can I cut the corners so that all corners are round? I tried using the rectangle marquee tool, but to no avail.

Thanks.
Here’s another way that’s easy. First make the Background into a layer (double-click on it in the palette). Make a rounded rectangle with the Shape tool, drag it below the image layer and group them by Alt-clicking on the line between the layers.

If you want you can merge the layers.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Batman art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
C
Charley
Feb 1, 2004
I think I just did what you want.

I used the elliptical marquee tool and selected 4 circles (positioning one in each corner). I sized them to produce the arc that I wanted and positioned them so that their outer edge intersected with the straight edges of the photo. Then I selected the polygonal lasso and joined the 4 circles by following along the edges of the photo and crossing the circles at a diagonal at the points where the circles intersect with the photo’s edge. The result was a selection with straight sides and rounded corners. I then inverted the selection and saved it for future use. Then I cut the area around the outside of the selection away. The end result was a photo with the corners rounded.

Charley

Hi everyone,

to
no avail.

Thanks.

FH
Flying Horse
Feb 1, 2004
Thanks Tom. I just tried that and it did the trick.
I am glad there are people out there like you who share knowledge. I am pretty new to PS, so I must thank you.

"thomas" wrote in message
probably the best approach would be to use your rounded rectangle shape tool…set it so that it creates a work path, then set the radius for whatever you want it to be…make your rectangle and then either load the path as a selection, invert the selection and delete…or better yet, use
it
as a vector mask.

-tom

Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me on how to do this? I want to convert a picture (rectangle) to a picture with round corners. How can I cut the corners
so
that all corners are round? I tried using the rectangle marquee tool,
but
to
no avail.

Thanks.

C
cantexadian
Feb 4, 2004
Hello mr horse,
I did not see this method, but you were close on your original idea. Use the rectangular marquee to size the square(or rectangle), then go to select>modify>smooth and enter something like 50 or 100 pixels. This will give you symmetrical round corners. Like Shell Bussey says -"It’s just that easy".-

nikki the dog
——————
"Flying Horse" …
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections