how to create photos on Burberry homepage??

JC
Posted By
Jennifer_Connelly
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would LOVE to know how to create the photos that are on the homepage (skip the intro) of www.burberry.com for my photography business! If anyone can get a chance to look at it and might know how to create it or something similar, I’d appreciate your advice!
Jennifer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Feb 7, 2004
It looks like they just added multiple layers of color flower images over a base of a black & white photo to form a frame — a nice effect and easy to do. Use your b&w photo as the background image. Isolate individual flowers by selecting them and put them on their own layer (Layer>New>Via Copy), then move them to the edges of the image.
Bob Warren
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Feb 7, 2004
Actually, you could easily do the flowers with the special effects brushes in PE (there are roses and wildflowers of various kinds). The tricky part would be the colored water splashes. Unless you could find a downloadable brush or border for those, you’d need to find some splash photos and cut out the areas you wanted.

I suspect that the burberrry photos were probably done with some kind of edge effect, but I don’t know if it would be in the Extensis package or not.
PD
Pete_D
Feb 7, 2004
Could to ask Burberry for permission to use the borders. If they say yes download the picture and add it as a layer to your picture and erase the center with eraser tool.
PD
Pete_D
Feb 7, 2004
The flower brushes Barbara mentioned are the easiest way. Thanks Barbara.

Wow; Guess I get easily distracted and have been playing with those flower brushes in the special effects brushes. They paint with an opacity that allows the picture to be seen underneath. Click and drag and get a spattering of flowers.

Pete
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Feb 7, 2004
Hi, Pete. Yes, they are a lot of fun. If you need more opacity or stronger color, just add Multiply layers.
JC
Jennifer_Connelly
Feb 8, 2004
Thanks for taking the time to look at the website! I will try your suggestions. Jennifer

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections