JU
Posted By
Joleen_Usher
Aug 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone had this problem and have a solution? When I try to save a file in Photoshop CS2 using the OS dialog, my destination window is blank. I have to switch to the Adobe dialog to even be able to see my destinations and choose one to save my file to. It’s annoying because all of my shortcuts to frequently used folders are gone in the Adobe dialog and I cannot add them. Can anyone help??

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
by_Buko
Aug 23, 2006
does this happen in a new user?
JU
Joleen_Usher
Aug 23, 2006
Actually, yes. All of the sudden everything on my old user account was as if it was my first time using the computer. Preferences were reset and some of my apps wouldn’t open. I had to create a new user account and start over. Ever since then I’ve had problems with the save dialog box.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 23, 2006
If my main user gets too goofy I do an Archive and install. This keeps your settings and apps but gives you a fresh system and user. I’ve had to do this about 3 times on all my computers.
JU
Joleen_Usher
Aug 23, 2006
What do you mean exactly?
R
Ram
Aug 23, 2006
He means exactly what he says: do an "Archive and Install" of the OS over your current installation.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 23, 2006
… from your original OSX CD.

And then download the newest Combo Updater from Apple and install that.

But Repair Permissions both before, between and after doing all of the above.
JH
Jean_Hanamoto
Nov 7, 2006
To Ra(moan):

Ok, that was just mean. You don’t just repeat the same thing when someone asks you a question, or doesn’t understand an answer. Why even waste your time blowing off an honest question? Answer something your able to answer and leave the others to someone who cares. Sorry, Joleen.
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
That time of the month Jean?
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
You don’t just repeat the same thing

No, and I DID NOT.

You must have taken some speed reading courses that impair your comprehension.

In post #3 Buko mentioned "Archive and install". In my post #5 (only post in this thread) I clarified that Buko had meant an Archive and Install of the OS.

You are a very, very ugly person, Jean Hanamoto, and you have the IQ of a slug. I’ll remember you.
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
Incidentally, Jean, you mess up with my name again and I’ll mess up with your dead ancestors.
RR
Reed_Reed
Nov 7, 2006
Jean,

"Ok, that was just mean . . ."

Yes it was. And it’s frequently that way here.

And the response you got, and the abuse you will get if you pursue your point wil be even more so.

It’s a shame such an atmosphere exits in these forums.
R
Ram
Nov 7, 2006
You also took speed reading courses, didn’t you, Reed Reed?
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
this was a friendly and helpful thread until jean showed up over 2 months after the last post.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections