‘Any Printer’ in Print Dialog (MAC, OS X 10.2.8)

YB
Posted By
Yuriy_Briklin
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All.
Does anyone know how to make the Print Dialog come up with you default printer instead of ‘Any Printer’?
I have only 1 printer and it is marked as a default one. Elements always show ‘Any Printer’ and each time I print 4×6 I have to first change the printer and then pick the right paper size. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EM
Elena Murphy
Nov 21, 2003
I believe you’re talking about the Page Setup dialog which is managed by the operating system. It defaults to Any Printer as far as I know and I’m not sure if there’s a way to make it stick. it’s not Elements’ fault though. As long as you don’t quit out of Elements, it should stay the same! Note, you have to set it for every application you print from, not just Elements.
YB
Yuriy_Briklin
Nov 21, 2003
Elena,

Thanks. You are correct: "Page Setup".
This is bad …
For each picture you print you have to change it:-(.
Thanks again.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Nov 21, 2003
Yuriy,
Check the following:
Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes
Look for the icon for your printer. If there is no check mark next to the icon, right click on it and highlight "set as default printer."
Ken
PS. I did not pick up initially that you are on a Mac. Above applies to Windows. Sorry about that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections