Posted By
Britt_Hedman
Sep 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thanks for your reply!

When I select all files it doesn’t show what application I want to use to open the help files. It is 1,127 files – too many to get info for each of them!

Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Sep 2, 2006
you must navigate to the app.

you can do a get info on one after choosing the app click the change all button.
BH
Britt_Hedman
Sep 2, 2006
I am sorry, but I don’t get this!

I select all files in the Help folder, then I do option + command + I and the Get Info Window opens. BUT there is no "open with" to click on. I get that when I do get info on only one of the documents.

Thanks!!!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 2, 2006
<< I get that when I do get info on only one of the documents. >

That is what you are supposed to do!

Choose ONE document from that folder;
Get Info;
and change that document to "Open With" the Browser of your choice; and ALSO click the "Change All" button to open all similar documents with the same application.
B
Buko
Sep 2, 2006
If you select all in the folder got open with and select "other" then you can choose the app you want. by doing it this way any other file with the .html extension will open the way it did before this applies to all files.

You seem like a good candidate for David Pogue’s book the Missing Manual for OSX.
BH
Britt_Hedman
Sep 3, 2006
Your help has solved my problem. Thanks to both of you!!!

I have the Missing Manual but it is boxed up because I am moving.

Once again, thank you very much!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections