JS
Posted By
John_Schwaller
Sep 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After adjusting my images in Bridge (CS2), I many times will batch process the images for putting on my family website.

My last step, in the batch process, before sharpening is to resize to ~1200×800. I do this using ‘Image Size’ and a percentage, as the will resize and will retain a ~1200 pixel long edge regardless of the image orientation.

My problem is if I significantly crop an image, the results of the percentage resize will many times result in too few pixels to properly view.

My question….is there a way to "plug in" a size (1200 pixels) that will be used for the "long edge" so that the image will come out 1200×800 or 800×1200, depending on orientation?

Thanks for your help….JOHN

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bernie
Sep 21, 2006
Have you had a look at File -> Automate -> Fit Image
JS
John_Schwaller
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks, Nomad….that looks as if it will work…

What does it use to do the resizing. In ‘Image Resize, I would choose ‘Bicubic Sharper’ for shrinking an image. Not sure how important it is…so I guess that may be an add’l question.

John
B
Bernie
Sep 21, 2006
I believe it uses the interpolation method selected in your preferences
C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 21, 2006
In Bridge: TOOLS>PHOTOSHOP>IMAGE PROCESSOR.

This will allow you to resize a whole folder full (or a selection) of images, of mixed orientation, to a predetermined pixel size.

You can even get IP to run an action to carry our the sharpening at the same time!

Chris.
<paying homage to Sir Russell Brown> 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections