M
Posted By
matt
Jan 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about 500 pics here and they are all huge. Is there any way of reducing the whole lot at the same time rather than having to do each individually?
ta

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Sami
Jan 5, 2005
At the same time no, automated yes:

a) Make an resizing action and use it with File/Automate/Batch…

or if you need more sophisticated options (ie. you have to decide different size depending original size)

b) Write a script for resizing (needs a little bit programming skils) and use it within an action and do batch again.

Then let the machine do it’s work and go and get some coffee.

Sami

matt wrote:
I have about 500 pics here and they are all huge. Is there any way of reducing the whole lot at the same time rather than having to do each individually?
ta

S
SpaceGirl
Jan 5, 2005
Sami wrote:

or if you need more sophisticated options (ie. you have to decide different size depending original size)

b) Write a script for resizing (needs a little bit programming skils) and use it within an action and do batch again.

??? and how to you add programming in PhotoShop?

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
C
Clyde
Jan 5, 2005
SpaceGirl wrote:
Sami wrote:

Or find a script that is already written to do this simply and easily: http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

Be sure and watch his tutorials. It’s a great tool.

Clyde
S
Sami
Jan 5, 2005
From version 7 (7 with plugin, CS native) PS functions are fully programmable via JavaScript/AppleScript/VisualBasic programming language, you can run these scripts via File/Automate/Scripts…(v.7) or File/Scripts (CS). Scripting help can be found via Help-menu or from Adobe’s site. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Sami

SpaceGirl wrote:
Sami wrote:

S
SpaceGirl
Jan 5, 2005
Sami wrote:
From version 7 (7 with plugin, CS native) PS functions are fully programmable via JavaScript/AppleScript/VisualBasic programming language, you can run these scripts via File/Automate/Scripts…(v.7) or File/Scripts (CS). Scripting help can be found via Help-menu or from Adobe’s site. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Sami

Heheh. I’m a pretty hardcore PS user and I had NO idea it could do that. Meh. Thanks!

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

H
Hecate
Jan 6, 2005
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:12:39 +0000, SpaceGirl
wrote:

Sami wrote:

Sami

Heheh. I’m a pretty hardcore PS user and I had NO idea it could do that. Meh. Thanks!

It’s nice. I finally found a use for my old VB skills 🙂

It’s also a bit limited, but a lot better than nothing at all 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
TR
todd radel
Jan 6, 2005
DAMMIT!!! just when I thought I knew it all, you guys drop this bombshell. Now I feel like theres another year of programming and script writing I need to learn. Thanks for the info peeps.
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message
Sami wrote:

Sami

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections