how do you create squares with round corners without using shapes?

CC
Posted By
Chiho_Chan
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi. sorry if this is a newbie question. i was trying to make a rectangle box like the HP logo at hp.com. it is a rectangle with rounded corners instead of sharp corners. in imageready… there is a soft corner rectangle under the marque tool. i cannot find this in photoshop. i only see shapes that are round but i don’t want to use shapes.

can someone please help? thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
May 11, 2005
See this:

YrbkMgr, "Rounded Rectangle Marquee?" #1, 10 May 2005 5:43 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
CC
Chiho_Chan
May 11, 2005
thank you yrbkmgr!
JN
jose_nava
May 15, 2005
Good evening to all of you from Barcelona, Spain.
Please excuse me if not on the right place, first time tryng(¿?) to get help. My System: Windows XP + Photoshop V8.0.1 + WACOM Pen + SONY TFT Monitor. (1 Gb RAM) Question:
I am learning to paint, but most of the times the pointer on the picture, any background, is hard to see, almost invisible, it makes working quite difficult. Is there anything I could do.

Many thanks on advanced.
Jose
JJ
John Joslin
May 15, 2005
José

They cured this problem in Version 9 (CS2)

Lo siento!

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections