BD
Posted By
Brian_D._Poole
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to create a business logo. It consists of a large ‘S’ with a lower case ‘e’ inside each of the two curves of the ‘S’ (name of business is eSe). I would like to apply different styles to the letters. I’ve tried using regular fonts but can’t get the ‘e’s in/on the ‘S’. I’ve tried using the copyright symbol and altering it, but can’t get it as a font and importing or copy/paste from wordproceesing program imports it as a graphic and I can’t seem to apply styles to just the ‘letters’. This maybe a complicated process, so if someone could just point me in the right direction I would be greatful.

Thanks,
Brian

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RobertHJones
Feb 8, 2004
Brian,

The key is to use layers. Don’t put the letters on the background layer. Instead, put each letter on a separate layer. You can then change the size and location of each letter independantly and apply any layer styles you desire.

It doesn’t matter whether you keep the letters as text objects or simplify to a graphic. You can apply styles to either. Just be sure anything other than the letters is erased (transparent).
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 8, 2004
Actually for logos it’s best to keep in vector format although Elements really isn’t the program for this. Can we say I-L-L-U-S-T-R-A-T-O-R ? 😉
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 8, 2004
Jodi

" I-*-L-U-S-*-R-A-T-*-R ? "

Stop swearing for vector programs CorelDraw is king. 😉

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 8, 2004
ya, geeze, Corel…yupper, that’s a keeper…send it to me and I’ll keep it 😉 ….thinking illustrator cause they work nicely with other adobe aps…that I already have…ya know ? but ya, i’ll take corel..o’course!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections