AP
Posted By
Aaron_Pfeffer
Sep 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Imac G5, osx 10.3. I am printing from CS2. I just installed cs2 a week ago. Ive been tweeking the settings in P.S. and the printer, from what Ive found via internet. After doing what I can, I have it pretty close, the brightness seams to be there, but the picture has a light cyan tint to it. The picture is of snowboarding. So the snow is white and the background is a light grey on my monitor, not the print though.This is what Ive done so far;
-Let photoshop determine colors
-Profile set to Adobe RGB 1998
-Installed a new Epson Icc profile (which helped)
-printer profile is set to sp2200 Prem Glossy 2880 icc. and print settings is: supper photo 2880 dpi
-Changed from Relative colormetric to Perceptual ( That fixed the little darkness problem) -Black point compensation is checked
-No color adjustment in printer settings
-All paper settings match (ex: premium glossy paper)
-Printer mode set to advanced with print quality matching Icc profile

Thanks for your time and any info.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 10, 2006
osx 10.3

10.3 what? 10.3.9?

Double check your workflow against this:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>

Make sure you’re set to ACE, not the Apple ColorSync conversion engine.

Are you honoring the embedded profile? What kind of file?

Screen shots of all your settings would help.

Needless to say, I’m assuming you have run a nozzle check and that you’re using Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper.

Is your monitor properly calibrated? Don’t discard the possibility that the snow may really have a bluish cyanish cast and that your monitor may not be showing it to you.

When was the last time you calibrated your monitor? Calibrate and profile your monitor regularly and often. Any hardware calibrator puck will do better than your eyeball calibration by hand.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections