Posted By
Callum_Ferguson
Feb 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all.

More than once i’ve been presented with an image size dialog box whilst clicking wildly and could’nt figure how I got there, now I find that if one right clicks the Title bar – i think that’s what it’s called, the blue bit, a pop up menu appears which includes the image size option and other usefull options.
Now if I can remember that.

Regards
Malcolm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 10, 2004
Thanks, Malcolm… that IS a handy hint!!

Byron
RC
Richard_Coencas
Feb 10, 2004
Extra hint. If you show rulers (control-R) and right click in the ruler area, you can easily set your measurement units (inches, pixels, milimeters).

I always use the technique Malcom mentioned for both image size and for canvas size. Unfortunately, I think it is Windows only.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Feb 10, 2004
wrote:
More than once i’ve been presented with an image size dialog box whilst clicking wildly and could’nt figure how I got there, now I find that if one right clicks the Title bar – i think that’s what it’s called, the blue bit, a pop up menu appears which includes the image size option and other usefull options. Now if I can remember that.

Right-click with mouse works. Right-click with wacom stylus does not work.

Just re-discovered that the tool pallete can be collapsed with a double-click on the title bar.

Ed
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 10, 2004
wrote
Right-click with mouse works. Right-click with wacom stylus does not work.

Ed,

My Graphire2 stylus is configured so that the finger switch, closest to the stylus tip, is equivalent to a mouse right-click. I get the same (Duplicate Image, Image Size, Canvas Size, Page Setup) "menu-ette" whether I right-click the title bar with the Wacom mouse or stylus.

I’m on a PC (Win98SE), so don’t know if that is the difference.

Byron
EW
Ed_Wurster
Feb 10, 2004
Byron Gale wrote:
My Graphire2 stylus is configured so that the finger switch, closest to the stylus tip, is equivalent to a mouse right-click. I get the same (Duplicate Image, Image Size, Canvas Size, Page Setup) "menu-ette" whether I right-click the title bar with the Wacom mouse or stylus.

I’m on a PC (Win98SE), so don’t know if that is the difference.

Same here, Byron. Right-click does work. For instance, I can right-click on the program title-bar and get the commands for window control, or right-click with the shape tool selected for shape selection.

Ed
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 10, 2004
are we into tips again ? PC> double clicking on the grey background screen will open your browser.
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 10, 2004
Too add to Jodi’s post:

On a PC, using PE2, on the program’s gray background:

Double-click = File Open
ALT-Double-click = File Open As
CTRL-Doble-click = File New
SHIFT-Double-click = File Browser
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 10, 2004
Byron and Jodi- Wish I would have know about those tips sooner.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 11, 2004
Rich, out of curiosity: what units do you use on your rulers? I started out with inches, but switched to pixels and really feel much more comfortable with that.

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections