NR
Posted By
nick_rose
Sep 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
as a normal procedure, i will delete hidden layers when receiving clients files which eliminates the chance of unwanted layers being turned on…the danger of this is that when there is a color fill or adjustment layer that is clipped to another layer that is turned off will now become ACTIVE, this can result in very undesirable results…i for one would like to see the clipped layer deleted along with the base layer if the base layer is indeed turned off and i elect to delete hidden layers…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 13, 2006
Hum,

What version of Photoshop are you using?

In CS, when the base layer of a clipping group is set to invisible, the whole clipping group is invisible and gets deleted when selecting Delete Hidden Layers in the layers palette. (At least that’s the behaviour I get when trying it)
NR
nick_rose
Sep 13, 2006
cs2 version 9.0.1
NR
nick_rose
Sep 13, 2006
you’re correct, the problem doesn’t exist in CS…
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 13, 2006
Then someone else will have to take over, I don’t have CS2 🙁
NR
nick_rose
Feb 14, 2007
it’s yet another bug in CS2…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections