B
Posted By
BranderChatfield
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How accurate is it to take an image that has the appearance of spot colors in to Photoshop and do a sampling there under Color Libraries to achieve the Pantone number? Just to get a close ballpark number. Most oftentimes that number and then matching the image to a chip chart were very close.

I’ve been doing that method for years, and now I wonder. It used to be rather quite very close, but now that we’re in CS2 when I have done a test with a graphic from AI and copied that in to PS, with difffering variables (Pantone in AI copied to RGB, Index, CMYK, Lab, etc in PS), the colors no longer matched.

My eyes can’t pick up the subtle nuances of color differences to be able to look at the image and compare it to a chip chart. Nor am I able to know what the differences between navy, indigo, blueberry, etc. are. Just give me a Pantone number if you want a specific color.

Just wondering.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 14, 2006
You’re probably comparing the wrong libraries between applications (process versus spot), or have a problem with your color settings in one of the applications.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections