EC
Posted By
Ed_Chiodo
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Yes im an (extreme) newbie. This has been driving me crazy, and i cant seem to fix it. My colors are all distorted. Red appears as orange, blue appears as black, and green seems to be fine. Funny thing is when i save the image and open it up, the colors appear normal. PLEASE help me out.

Many Thanks,
Ed Chiodo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 13, 2004
Ed, when you installed your elements software did you happen to notice that it comes with an application called ‘ Adobe Gamma ‘ ? Photoshop programs are color managed unlike other programs. Look in your control panel for ‘ Adobe Gamma’..open and follow the instructions on the screen. If that doesn’t help then post back.
BS
Beth_Slick
Feb 18, 2004
Jodi, thanks for replying to Ed’s question because that answered my question and I can finally stop tearing my hair out. I had received a new monitor recently and couldn’t understand why pictures were coming in too dark and, after processing, ending up way too light. I knew the problem had to be connected with the new monitor and its interaction with Elements (no problems in Paint Shop Pro). However, I wasn’t Elements-savvy enough to put the pieces together. Thank you, again.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections