Posted By
paul_fortis
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a fine art Iris Giclee printmaker.
I have rcvd’ some image files in a .frg format (i believe they are Unix-based) I can not open these files in CS2 even after changing file name to .jpg or .tif. Is anyone familiar with the .frg format, or know of a plug in that may help? Thanks, Paul Fortis, ArtPress, Los Gatos, Ca.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AR
alan_ruta
Sep 19, 2006
Wow, something doesn’t seem right. I would have tried what you did (put on other extensions), but being curious I googled the extension and the hits kept telling it is "an uncompiled Dbase IV format".

What that has to do with Giclee prints is beyond me. Have you tried opening the document in word to see if there is a document header that might give you a clue?

alan
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2006
See:
<http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=FRG>

Not even Graphic Converter can do anything with .frg files.
PF
paul_fortis
Sep 19, 2006
Hey Alan-
Thanks for your quick response! I figured it out.
These image files are Unix based "Iris" files-so I changed extension to .IRS dbl clicked file-chose Photoshop to open and Voila! It opened. (you need the Iris-CT plug in loaded first)
Anyway it worked!
Thanks again-
pf
AR
alan_ruta
Sep 19, 2006
Excellent.
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
you need the Iris-CT plug in loaded first

That’s a $350 plug-in, but if you’re selling giclée prints, you sure can afford it. 🙂

Got a link to your work or your site?
PF
paul_fortis
Sep 21, 2006
Link to site: "artistnet.com" Personal work: "sharronbliss.com" click on "Paul Fortis"
Thanks for everyone’s help! Iris-CT plug in worked…
pf

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections