Posted By
kie_kelly
Sep 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m a Graphic Designer and sometime Pixel Artist… I’m wondering if anyone has any tips for working with Pixels in Photoshop CS2, the major problem I have is Previewing what I’m doing when I’m zoomed in at say 800%. I sometimes adjust the Navigator windows to be the same size as the document, and that kind of works but it’s never that accurate, and a pain to set up. So I’m wondering if there’s a third party plug-in out there specifically to help Pixel artists Preview there work accurately…..

any tips are more than welcome!!

cheers

Kie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
SteveV
Sep 20, 2006
Command 0 takes you to fit to screen, then command + for zoom in and command – for zoom out does the trick for me.
KK
kie_kelly
Sep 20, 2006
cheers SteveV

yeah I know those short cuts, I’m actually on about having something so I don’t need to keep zooming in an out!
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
Why don’t you open a second view of the document and keep that image at whatever size you want while working on the other one?

In Photoshop CS2, go to the Window menu > Arrange > New Window For … (the name of your open file will show up here automatically).
KK
kie_kelly
Sep 20, 2006
spot on Ramon… that’s the tip I was looking for …… is there a way of making that window always remain at the TOP of the work area ?
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2006
There’s no way that the second window can be on top of the one you are working on.

I have two monitors side by side, and I move the new view window to the palette window when necessary. (Tab toggles all the palettes on and off.)
KK
kie_kelly
Sep 20, 2006
yeah makes sense… I just use a Powerbook, but I’ll bare that in mind… thansk alot for your help again

kie

🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections