M
Posted By
matthewfeltrop
Sep 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have photoshop and the whole CS2 package and recently I tried to update all of the programs and all of the updates worked, except for the photoshop one. It begins downloading the update but it then pops up a message asking to choose the version of photoshop I wish to update. I only have one photoshop on my mac, but when the finder pops up, I cannot click on the photoshop application. It is grayed out. I am not sure why the updater is not recognizing my photoshop. Do I just need to reinstall photoshop?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 25, 2006
Are you already updated?

Look at the splash screen.
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2006
What Buko says.

Don’t rely on the updater alone. It will show you available updates even if you already have them installed.

On other occasions, it breaks down and fails to alert you to new updates you don’t have.
M
matthewfeltrop
Sep 27, 2006
I checked the screen and it says that I only have 9.0.1. I do have the education version but that does not seem to have changed the other updates for other CS2 Applications.
R
Ram
Sep 27, 2006
Matthew,

Again, don’t rely on the updater.

Try downloading the 9.0.2 update manually from the download site, then Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility, apply the update manually, and AGAIN Repair Permissions with Apple’s Disk Utility.

Of course, make sure you have NOT moved the Photoshop icon out of its folder (always a bad idea), or the Photoshop folder out of the root Applications folder (don’t create a subfolder to put it in, for instance).
M
matthewfeltrop
Sep 27, 2006
I tried that and the same finder window came up asking me to choose the copy of photoshop that I wish to update when it comes to actually updating the application.

think that I may need to re-install photoshop. Is that the next logical step- How do I uninstall and when I do that do I need to transfer my activation and then reactivate it later?

Thanks for the help.
R
Ram
Sep 28, 2006
Did you repair permissions as suggested above?
TA
Tom_Arma
Sep 29, 2006
I haven’t found an answer yet. It just won’t allow me to choose CS2.
R
Ram
Sep 29, 2006
Did you repair permissions as suggested above?
M
matthewfeltrop
Oct 1, 2006
Yes I did in the Disk Utility, but no permissions seemed to be changed for photoshop.
M
matthewfeltrop
Oct 1, 2006
I saw that you asked in Tom Arma’s string about the computer, and mine is a Intel based MacBook. Could that be a problem?
B
Buko
Oct 2, 2006
Could that be a problem?

Yes!
M
matthewfeltrop
Oct 2, 2006
Should I really bother with the update or just wait for the next version that will better suport Intel-Macs. I don’ t encounter the problems that it fixed very often.
TA
Tom_Arma
Oct 3, 2006
I trashed the update and downloaded it again today.
It worked fine. Must have been corrupted.
Try it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections