NL
Posted By
Nancy_L_Hartmann
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Elements 2. I am interested in creating a slideshow (which I know how so far), saving this slideshow to a disk and send out to my relatives.

Does the slideshow option have an autorun or does the viewer have to already have Acrobat Reader 6.0 on their computer? As some of my relatives do not even have Internet, but they do have computers, how do I supply them with the reader, if needed?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Pete_D
Feb 20, 2004
Nancy,

You could download the latest Acrobat reader here
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I think you could save it to the same CD as your slideshow and the ones that do not have it can load it from there. But they may have different versions of Windows and/or Mac OS so that might get complicated.

Another option would be to create a web photo gallery since most computers have Internet Explorer and that will work even though they do not have an internet connection.

And one other option is to get Adobe Album and create a slide show there that I believe does not require either of the above programs to run. Even the free trial version of Album has this feature.

None of these have an autorun feature to my knowledge (someone else may know and post more about autorun), so they will have to open the CD drive from their My Computer and double click the icon to start the slide show.

Pete
NL
Nancy_L_Hartmann
Feb 20, 2004
Pete:

I just purchaesd the Elements 2.0 & Album 2.0 Bundle. I cannot use the Album software as I am only running 98SE at this time. Is there a version of Album that would work with 98SE?

Nancy
PD
Pete_D
Feb 20, 2004
Nancy,

It looks like Album 1.0 is still available through internet shopping. The system requirements are as follows; Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edit

So there it is, 98-SE, ….. you should be fine.

Might as well post the rest of the listed requirements;

a.. Min Hard Drive Space
b.. 150 MB, 250 MB
c..
Min Operating System
d.. Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
e..
Min Processor Type
f.. Pentium III
g..
Min RAM Size
h.. 128 MB
i..
Peripheral Interface Devices
j.. CD-ROM, SVGA monitor
Pete
GW
greg_wallis
Feb 20, 2004
while on slideshows I just worked out how to display images for different lenghts of time…..needed this for putting together a portfolio…..photos with separate slides for captions Obviously the captions need only be on for a second or so whereas the slides should be on abit longer.

If you want to show some images longer than others then make duplicate files of the image and set the changeover to crossdissolve.ie….the image you want to see for longer cross dissolves into itself! The captions show for 2 seconds…the slides for 4…..handy trick i think!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections