GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just solved it so now I can get back to Graphics!

http://www.datacraft.co.jp/takagism/index_e.html

Grant

Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ray
Feb 20, 2004
I have found several itmes, but the lid doesn’t open (put the ring and the rod on it, missing something… ) Found a cassette, a batterie, a note, an empty cd jewel box, two keys, 3 keys.

Can’t solve it.. 🙁

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Ray

Yes you can …. What about the other ring?

Grant
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 20, 2004
Ray,

I’ve gotten about as far as you: Box, CD case, Tape, 3 keys, battery, power cord, ring, note.

I went to the URL on the note, but was unable to discern how it might be helpful.

I’m trying clicking in every corner and likely spot… but losing my patience.

Maybe I should put it down for a while and try again later.

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 20, 2004
Grant,

Based on there being two circle spots on the top of the box, I had guess that there was another ring… but haven’t found it, yet.

Byron
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Byron

I played it for about an hour then gave up and went to bed. next day I solved in a few minutes.

Grant
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Byron

s
c
r
o
l
l

d
o
w
n

f
o
r

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

Some times you have to examine things more than once.

Grant
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 20, 2004
Grant,

I had just found the 2nd ring… and then everything else fell into place.

I’m out!

Nicely entertaining – thanks for the link!!

Byron
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Feb 21, 2004
Well, Grant, it remains a mystery for me 🙁 Found all items except one (3 keys, 2 rings, empty CD box, tape cassette, power cable, battery, memo, red box). I now know that the door is strong but the knob won’t turn. The CD player is stale but the switch will turn on and off. The window won’t open but the view is in sight. And the lid on the red box won’t open. 🙂 The nicest thing about the difficulty level they build into computer games is that it finally broke me from spending any more money on them! Although sometimes I still drag out my Game Boy and play a round or two of Rayman . . .

MLee
R
RobertHJones
Feb 21, 2004
Tried it tonight and escaped.

Bob
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 21, 2004
Gave up last night after finding everything but the metal rod and second ring. Found them this morning and escaped. 😉

Patti
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 21, 2004
Patti

Welcome to the club! I too had to sleep on it before the penny dropped.

g.
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 21, 2004
when i click on the link nothing happens 🙁
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 21, 2004
I’m out !!!! Thought I was going to be in there forever

Wendy

George … Try copy & paste
MM
Mac_McDougald
Feb 21, 2004
when i click on the link nothing happens 🙁

It’s 30 sec wait on broadband.
Might be untenable on dialup?

Mac
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 21, 2004
I’m still locked in. The only items left highlighted are the ordinary key, CD and the URL. Went to the URL but found nothing. This is the pits! I’ve got a lot of other stuff to do today.
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 21, 2004
Terry, the URL is a key element. If you’re getting a blank page, try it again, maybe opening a separate window in your browser will help?

All the items needed have been mentioned in one or more of the posts by different people. Although no one has listed them all in one post.

Patti
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 21, 2004
Mac

Seems to be a problem with the provider sometimes you are in a flash and other times yawn…. so Just wait a bit and retry is a good strategy

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 21, 2004
I’ve been trying to avoid this thread. I’m still getting over a game addiction i once had back in ’99…when i had a broken leg…ankle in a cast. Had Sega Saturn ( kids i was baby sitting left it at my house so that they would have it everyday…big mistake !!!)…got to playing those games while my daughter was just a little baby…and me not being able to walk…became addicted to ‘ Hexxen’….played it for over a month…got to the last segment of the game …after much trial and error….sweat and tears…to hear the gate keeper say ‘ You are still playing this game ?’ …in a voice that could only be the devil himself…took one step into the next new land ( I’m so excited by this point….was feeling rather godly…after terminating so much evil….with onlyu a little more to go… ) and the disc stopped dead…big scratch !!!!! I was soooooo freakin angry….after all that time !!!!!! Nope, no more games for Jodi…I have enough addictions.
R
RobertHJones
Feb 21, 2004
Patti,

I couldn’t get the URL to load either. It kept timing out. I was able to solve the puzzle without it by making what turned out to be a reasonable assumption regarding what I thought the URL would provide given it’s name. Only took a few tries before I hit the right answer.

Bob
B
bethC
Feb 21, 2004
I’m still working on it . . .. 😉 getting close.
Jodi, I use to be addicted to nintendo games especially zelda. Finally I got away from them as my son and I use to play until all hours. He still is a big game player. I’ve cut way back on the game playing . .. I’ve only done the two Harry Potter games (couldn’t resist doing them). 🙂

beth
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 21, 2004
I must be dense because I can’t figure out how a dancing Japanese guy is going to help me solve this thing because I have no CD and the player is stale. Oh, heck maybe I’ll try later but for now I’m through with clicking everywhere. It reminds me of Crystal Key. I never finished that one either. Now, if they gave me a sword…
PA
Patti_Anderson
Feb 21, 2004
Never owned a TV game machine, but used to play games on Windows 95 like Commander Keen and Crystal Cave. My two daughters and hubby do games like Myst and Riven. I like the kind better that are semi-mindless. Before I got broadband I played a lot of Minesweeper waiting for things to download! An occasional game like this Crimson Room, well…it’s only because Grant tempted us! LOL

Now playing with PSE, well…I can stop anytime I want. 😉

Patti
B
bethC
Feb 21, 2004
Done! I forgot – I did Riven and Mist too 🙂

beth
SS
Susan_S.
Feb 22, 2004
My name is Susan and I have a major computer games addiction …. I started small, on a Sega master system and worked my way up from there …luckily i’ve never graduated to the really hard stuff (Everquest and other online games), otherwise I fear I would never emerge. Luckily I am so bad at most modern complicated games that after a while I get sick of banging my head against a wall and stop so they don’t take up too much of my time now – but at one stage I spent far too much time playing. But I haven’t turned on the playstation for months.
B
bethC
Feb 22, 2004
LOL and now we are all addict to the challenge, Susan. 🙂
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 22, 2004
Guess you guys are a lot smarter than stupid me. I’m still locked in that damm room and can’t get to my computer to do any PSE. Sh*t.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 22, 2004
Terry,

Don’t give up … you get there in the end!!

Myst, Riven & Exile … kept me happy for months!!. I thought that Myst was the best 🙂

Wendy
R
RobertHJones
Feb 22, 2004
Wendy,

The latest in the Myst series is "URU" and it’s been out for several months. Now you can be happy again.

I’ve done all four.

Bob

Myst, Riven & Exile … kept me happy for months!!. I thought that Myst
was the best 🙂
Wendy
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 22, 2004
wrote in message
LOL and now we are all addict to the challenge, Susan. 🙂

Here little girl try a challenge the first one is free … evil cackle ensues.

g.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 22, 2004
wrote in message
Done! I forgot – I did Riven and Mist too 🙂

Loved Mist! Riven was ok but not the same beast. Now don’t throw rocks but I did Mist in two days.

g.
B
bethC
Feb 22, 2004
LOL Grant – It took me a long time to do Mist. I also read the novel (just a little addicted ;))
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 22, 2004
There is a novel oh my one more thing to do

g.
B
bethC
Feb 22, 2004
Not sure if there was a hard covered version but the pocketbook "Myst the Book of Atrus" Rand and Robyn Miller with David Wingrove. Pub. 1995 Hyperion New York ISBN: 0-7868-8188-7 – maybe inter-library loan?
(I was a librarian – hence the detail) LOL
BL
bob_lemon
Feb 22, 2004
I’ve never been good at any of these games. Never did finish Mist and I’ll bet I’m never going to get out of this room either.
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Feb 22, 2004
Would someone like to describe what the URL leads to? Both AOL and IE for me provides only a solid yellow screen with "TAKAGISM SINCE 1994."
Refresh and patience doesn’t seem to make a difference.

MLee
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
I see we are stuck at the same place. hmmm…I wonder….
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
Finally…and I didn’t need a sword.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Feb 22, 2004
I got it fine, Grant, just took 30 sec for initial load. Solved it pretty quick too; but I used to do alot of "adventure" games, so found it pretty straight forward.

Mac
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Feb 22, 2004
I’ve never played Myst, Riven, or any games of that ilk; but I do know how to find walk throughs. Wouldn’t have solved that puzzle in a million years. Anyway, no longer need an answer to my previous post.

MLee
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 22, 2004
wrote
Would someone like to describe what the URL leads to? Both AOL and IE for
me provides only a solid yellow screen with "TAKAGISM SINCE 1994."

Marilyn,

That is it, completely…

Byron
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 22, 2004
Finaly I’m free. Like many others I had to sleep on it. Although I don’t understand what that empty CD case has to do with anything.

Terry
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 22, 2004
alright…….i am still trapped in that damn room!!!!!! PLEASE someone help me get out. i found all the clues and put them where they go but i end up with a key, a CD case, a URL and a box with everything in it. please someone help, i have to be at work early tomorrow morning and i AM NOT leaving till i get out.
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
Terry

I noticed he said in his message after escaping that he was building another room. Mabe the empty CD case will be used here. Or it could just be a red herring.

Terri
J
Johnny
Feb 22, 2004
alright…….i am still trapped in that damn room!!!!!! PLEASE someone help me get out. i found all the clues and put them where they go but i end up with a key, a CD case, a URL and a box with everything in it. please someone help, i have to be at work early tomorrow morning and i AM NOT leaving till i get out.

Psst. Have you found the computer that lets you Google for the solution? It’s right in front of you. 🙂

Now it’s just a matter of what to search for…

John
I
irq506
Feb 22, 2004
I cant find the second ring…
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 22, 2004
George,
The secret to this is the URL and watch the vedio carefully.

Terry
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 22, 2004
I have watched it. I saw the little + the guy danceing was pointing to but i still don’t get it. i have several images i wanted to process & print today, plus work on a computer but NO, i’m still stuck in that darn room!!!!!! i’ll get it, i refuse to give up, but i will take any help offered.
I
irq506
Feb 22, 2004
woah what video????????????????
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
Grasshopper must have patience and watch full video then act swiftly like a striking cobra.
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 22, 2004
George,
You got mail.
Terry
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 22, 2004
I’m free, thanks to Terry. oh there is joy in mudville again 🙂
I
irq506
Feb 23, 2004
ok im feeling really silly now, I got all the items & the movieman and what hes gesturing at and have wracked my brain trying to figure out what next…? PLEASE help
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 23, 2004
Ever seen a pirate movie?
I
irq506
Feb 23, 2004
many years ago
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 23, 2004
Where was the treasure?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 23, 2004
I’m not playing the game but the treasure was always burried on an island….generally 😉 ..I’m still waiting to dig up Aladin’s lamp.
I
irq506
Feb 23, 2004
In a treasure chest… or where X marked the spot. Now theres no chest in this room…
I
irq506
Feb 23, 2004
ahh Im out, what a dissapointing end…
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 23, 2004
Life is a journey not a destination!

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 23, 2004
Amen to that !
BL
bob_lemon
Feb 24, 2004
I’m out……can’t believe it. I’m also late for dinner…….I’ll hear about this!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections