Posted By
wally_lapioli
Oct 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy,

I’m a new user of Photoshop and I was wondering how I can create a high quality CD jewel case front cover and back. Any help is so appreciated, thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Oct 16, 2006
Do you want the template sp you know you’re designing at the proper size?

Or do you need instructions on how to use Photoshop to edit, color correct, and combine images and text into a pleasing arrangement?

If you’re interested in the former, just have a look at the following link, or do a Google search for CD insert template.Phosphor.Digital, "Resources: Patterns, Brushes, Custom Shapes, etc." #6, 4 Sep 2003 4:52 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/6> (not sure if all links are still working)If you’re looking for help on the latter, that’s really beyond the scope of this Forum. If you have specific questions about some procedure you can’t seem to perform, then ask away, telling us what you’ve already tried.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Oct 16, 2006
"I’m a new user of Photoshop and I was wondering how I can create a high quality CD jewel case front cover and back."

Define "high quality." This will vary, dependent on your budget and final output. Will it print offset? Client? Budget? Emboss die-cut? Multi-panel insert?

It’s important to know the output process first because a run of one copy that will be done using a method of block printing on hand-made paper will require a different treatment as opposed to a split-fountain run of 200,000 on an offset press.

You also have the imprinting of the CD itself as a part of the overall design process.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 21, 2006
Ken….

200,000, split fountain, and offset…(sounds sexy…)

but no mention of die cutting…

you almost had me there!
B
Buko
Nov 22, 2006
Take one apart.

or talk to the printer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections