Is it possible to retrieve unsaved work in Photoshop CS after a power outage?

SK
Posted By
Samantha_Krivohlava
Oct 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to know if it is possable ( and if so "how" ) to retrieve unsaved work in Photoshop CS after a crash or a power outage. I run a Mac OSX ( Jaguar 10.2.8 ) and use Photoshop CS. My main problem at this moment believe it or not is my kitty. I was in the middle of working on a project ( about 4 hours worth ) when my kitty decided to cuddle to my main power bar and in the proccess, switching off the power to my computer before I could save what I had been working on. Is there any possable way to retrieve these unsaved files? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I will be moving that power bar 🙂 Thank you.

Samantha Krivohlava

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Oct 16, 2006
If anybody knows of a way to retrieve unsaved Photoshop file, we’d all like to know it. 🙁

Take measures to prevent the cat from doing it again.
PT
Phil_Taz
Oct 16, 2006

1. Gaffer tape the cat to a chair
2. Put piece of gaffer tape near anything you dont want the cat to go near in future…

(Turn your cat into low-rider by putting small piece of (not too sticky) tape on it’s back)
B
Buko
Oct 16, 2006
You need to buy the new Recover unsaved work plugin. you get it from the same place as the Hollywood CSI plugin.
S
SuperMacGuy
Oct 16, 2006
A battery backup, not just a surge protector, is the best protection to any power outages, feline or weather induced.
JF
john_findley
Oct 16, 2006
Right! A battery backup has saved me more money and frustration than any other piece of hardware I own.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections