D
Posted By
DeanM1
Nov 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, I am getting serious RSI from having to click and drag through high resolution images in Photoshop CS2 to check for quality issues in my current job. Is there a shortcut, or a way to set a keyboard shortcut to basically make a key on my keyboard do this clicking-and-holding function? I would still be using the mouse to navigate the image, just not having to press down the left mouse button all the time. I would appreciate any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Nov 10, 2006
A number of two-button mouse devices have that option, maybe even including Apple’s Mighty Mouse. There are also OS-level haxies, but I generally stay away from haxies
B
Bernie
Nov 10, 2006
drag through high resolution images in Photoshop CS2 to check for quality issues in my current job.

If you mean dragging the image around to view it?

If yes, a search of "Keyboard shortcuts" yield a list of shorcuts including:

Scroll up or down 1 screen: Page Up or Page Down

Scroll up or down 10 units: Shift + Page Up or Page Down

Move view to upper left corner or lower right corner:
Shift + Page Up or Page Down

Which is a start.

Add the command key to go sideways
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 10, 2006
How about turning on Mouse Keys and using the 0 and 5 keys?

To turn on Mouse Keys:
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Universal Access. Then click Mouse. Select On next to Mouse Keys.

With Mouse Keys turned on, press the 5 key on your numeric keypad to click an item on the screen. Press the 0 key to press and hold. To release the press and hold, press 5 again.

(I’m not sure this will work…it’s just an idea)
B
Buko
Nov 10, 2006
Get a Wacom.

I realize its not a keyboard shortcut but its much more natural to draw with a pen than a bar of soap.
D
DeanM1
Nov 10, 2006
Thanks Welles, I’ll try out Mouse Keys when I get back to work on Monday. Hopefully that option will be accessable, as all the Mac computers at my work place are locked down (you can’t run an installation of a program etc. without first contacting desktop support).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections