Posted By
Eva_Keel
Nov 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello to anyone who can help me.

I use PS7 with 1 gigabyte on my MAC OS X Panther.

I am attempting to use a 3rd party plug-in that is 256 mb in size but I can’t seem to get it to work. (a 192 mb plug-mb works just fine)

I install one plug-in only when I need use of it. (and I remove it when I am done)

I can’t figure out why I’m getting this msg that I have not enough RAM and need to lower my memoryallocation in my preferences. (which I have adjusted to 20% & it tells me that I have 904 mb.) ??

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could make this work?

Thanks,

desperate to know…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 10, 2006
Eva,

Which plugin is it? I’m presuming all your other plugins work without issue? A 256mb plugin is almost unheard of. Is it a suite of plugins?
EK
Eva_Keel
Nov 10, 2006
Yes Welles,

It is a series of edges,frame and etc., by autofx software. I have tested the 192 mb plug in and it works fine but trying the 256 mb is not working. Any idea?

Thanks for your fast response..
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Nov 10, 2006
You know, I just had a second thought. There used to be a plugin called the Piggy Plug-ins which might possibly help in your situatuation. It was found in on the Installer disc at Goodies > Optional Plug-Ins > Photoshop Only > Optional Extensions > Piggy Plug-ins. There is a readme which explains the plugin. I don’t know whether it would work with OS X but is worth a try. Oh, and I’d suggest upping your memory allocation to 70% again.
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Nov 10, 2006
Upping the Photoshop memory allocation may be what’s needed since the plug-in is probably loading inside of Photoshop’s memory block.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 10, 2006
The size of the plugin code doesn’t really matter.
It’s how much memory the plugin allocates, and HOW the plugin allocates that memory (Piggy Plugins is for people who don’t read the documentation for plugins and allocate it all wrong).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections