Good places to go online for "scrap images"?

L
Posted By
letsjumpnow
Nov 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys,

I’d like to make some photoshop collages and wondered if there were any free databases of relatively high quality random images and illustrations (ie not necessarily stock photo sites) where one could download, or if I should stick to scanning old national geographics from the thrift store…

Thanks!

Alec

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Nov 13, 2006
Not free, but the next best thing is real cheap:

<http://www.fotolia.com>

(FTI, I’m not affiliated with them in any way)
P
Phosphor
Nov 13, 2006
It kind of depends on what you mean by "scrap" images, and on how you plan to use them.

For any sort of commercial venture?

Be very, VERY careful about incorporating other people’s work into your own commercial projects without obtaining permission.

If it’s just for fun, for yourself, there’s no real harm in grabbing images from Google Image search. And for a decent source for images that can usually (always? I’m not completely sure) be had for free, and which may often be used even for commercial purposes, have a look at <http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml> You’ll need to create a free account to have access to the highest-resolution images that are offered there, and it’s recommended that you read the terms of use as set by any contributor whose work you might want to use in a commercial project. Often, all you’ll have to do is shoot them an email or a Private Message. They may only ask that you give them credit somewhere within the project.
B
Buko
Nov 13, 2006
istockphoto
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 16, 2006
www.yotophoto.com…royality free stock photo aggregator…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections