NR
Posted By
nick_rose
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"

a coworker was working on an ongoing project in CS2 and got the above error message this morning, any ideas or suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Nov 17, 2006
More details would help, Nick, but file damage like that is usually the result of either having NAV (Norton Anti Virus) installed and active, or of saving the file to a server across a network.
R
Ram
Nov 17, 2006
Try opening the file in ImageReady or in Graphic Converter. You might save at least the composite that way, although any layers are probably gone for good.
NR
nick_rose
Nov 17, 2006
can place the psd file within Indesign and photoshop can open the composite but i’d like to have the layers if possible…
R
Ram
Nov 17, 2006
Nick,

If any of the two conditions named in my post #1 applies, I’m very much afraid the layers are toast. :/

Incidentally, and just in case you are wondering, if you start a line with a lower-case ‘i’, the ‘i’ is omitted and the paragraph becomes italicized.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections