ER
Posted By
Eric_Rawlins
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every minute or two when I have Elements running I get the dreaded "Could not complete your request because the file is locked" message, even though I am logged in as administrator, and even though every folder I look at in the Elements folder shows read and write permissions. Is there a folder I’m neglecting to check? The FAQs state clearly that this shouldn’t be happening to me as an administrator.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 16, 2004
Tell us what you are doing when you’re getting this message. There are times when you’ll get that message, and it has nothing to do with administrative privileges.
ER
Eric_Rawlins
Apr 17, 2004
I’ve not been able to correlate it with any activity. In fact, just now it happened while it was just sitting there in memory as I was reading this web page. The last thing I had done, a minute or two ago, was open up a new transparent document; I had not even put anything in it. It seems to just happen every few minutes any time I have PSE running, whether I’m working in it or not.
ER
Eric_Rawlins
Apr 17, 2004
After a little more experimenting, it appears that I get the message 1-1.5 minutes after launching PSE; then 1-1.5 minutes after that; and then no more. This happens whether I’m actually working in PSE or not. Far as I can tell, the messages don’t keep me from doing what I want to do, so it seems to be only an annoyance. Still, one gets curious…..
PS
Petri_Sakkinen
Apr 19, 2004
Well, in my case, when I log in as administrator, I don’t seem to get the message, but when as a user, it keeps popping up: I think 3 or 4 times at the intervals Eric reports, and then disappears. (Mac OS X 10.3.3)
JL
Jarrett_Lantz
Jun 2, 2004
I had the same problem… try

amie park "file is locked………help please" 2/25/04 11:59am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
PS
Petri_Sakkinen
Jun 2, 2004
Thanks, Jarrett. It turns out that OS X does not properly change privileges to enclosed items. (Found even a note on this in Apple’s knowledgebase!)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections