PF
Posted By
Peter_Figen
Nov 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I thought that this skintone banding issue had been solved by moving to 9.0.2 in Tiger (10.4.7 here on a G5 Quad 2.5 w/ 8 gigs of ram and 50% allocated to PS), but I’m still seeing it in spades on my 9800 Epson, using the latest Epson driver and Gretag made custom profiles and Epson Prem SemiMatte. In a last ditch effort to trouble shoot, after doing a power cleaning, which offered no improvement, and with no gaps in any print head output, switching back to CS 1 "cured" the problem. I’m kind of mystified because this just became a problem again yesterday. I wonder if I’ve hit a certain magical area of skintone that shows off what we all thought was fixed but was really just hidden? Any ideas?

Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
DYP
Nov 19, 2006
While I think PS has some involvement here, I am seeing these issues with Gretag made profiles but not with profiles created with MonocoProfiler. Larger patch targets in Gretag seem also to create profiles with much less of this problem.

Doyle
D
DYP
Nov 19, 2006
I should mention I am also seeing the same thing with the latest version of Indesign.
PF
Peter_Figen
Nov 19, 2006
Doyle,

Simply switching to CS1 complelely clears the problem. Same file. Same profile. Pretty much eliminates the profile as the source.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections