IC
Posted By
Ian_Callaghan
Nov 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello world. Just thought of this forum. I am suddenly having problems with layer masks. The eraser tool and the brush tool have no effect on the layer mask. I dont know if i have managed to tap a quick key command or what, but having played around with this that and the other…I am at a loss.

When i toggle to the channels pallette, the extra channel for the layer mask reacts to the eraser and so on…why.

Help me….please

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 19, 2006
You have to target the layer mask first, and make sure you have the correct colors for what you’re trying to do (erasing white to white doens’t do much)
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 21, 2006
Make sure that the Focus Frame (it looks like 4 corners of a picture frame) is around the second thumbnail (mask thumbnail)of the layer you are adding the mask to in the layers palette. It can be hard to see if you have your palette options set fairly small.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Nov 22, 2006
And your brushes are set to 100% and normal – type zero on your keypad and Option shift N

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections