SL
Posted By
stephanie_lee
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help, please! When I try to open Adobe Photoshop, I get an error message saying "Error: he handle is invalid". Someone already tried to help me, but what they said (theres a preferences folder that gets corrupted, delete the settings by pressing shift, alt, and control), didn’t work, because i got a properties screen, instead of a popup asking if i want my settings to be deleted. are there other ways to delete the preferences folder?
thanks much,
steph

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 22, 2004
If you’re on a Windows machine, look in Applications>Adobe Elements. I think that’s where the Preference folder is. I can’t check XP right now, and I’m posting from a Mac.

It sounds like you didn’t get the three keys held down quickly enough when you tried the keyboard shortcut. Try putting your fingers on all three keys first and then clicking on the start up icon.
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
On XP, I would suggest doing a search. Just search for Adobe, pick out the preference folder, and chuck it into the recycle bin. If you do it Beth’s way it’s under program files<Adobe<Elements<? I think maybe HTML folder…but fuzzy on which folder it’s actually inside. At any rate, again pick, and chuck.

Terri
SL
stephanie_lee
Feb 22, 2004
hey, thanks… but i still can’t seem to find the folder? yeah, sorry, i am using windows XP.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 22, 2004
Stephanie: Here’s where mine resides in XP Home

C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Application
Data\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs
SL
stephanie_lee
Feb 22, 2004
ok found a folder called Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 Preferences… i deleted it, but its still not working. when i click on the icon to open photoshop elements, it still gives me a popup message that says "The handle is invalid".

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections