J
Posted By
johntolliday
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get the following message when opening CS2 Trial Version. So far it seems to be working O.K.(love the new toys! 🙂

Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ? could not be located in the dynamic link library JP2KLib.dll

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
TikiTim
May 3, 2005
JP2KLib.dll is a DLL file for the JPEG 2000 plug-in, which you can only get off of the Photoshop install CD.

Therefore my guess is that you have Photoshop CS and you copied your plug-ins into the CS2 folder. Correct? Or maybe you set up an optional plug-ins folder in the CS2 preferences that has CS plug-ins in it.

Said the doctor to the man who complained "It hurts when I do this": Don’t do that.

Plug-ins aren’t always compatible between versions, and in this case there’s apparently a DLL file that this plug-in can’t find.
J
johntolliday
May 4, 2005
Thankyou, yes, spot on (optional plug-ins folder) I have Creative Suite (legal) and couldn’t wait till I upgrade to try New Photoshop. Ah the impatience of youth (I wish!)
MH
Maurice_Hammon
Jun 12, 2005
I have just blundered into the JP2Klib.dll problem – yes, I admit, I copied plugins to CS2…

Anyway, for the record and as a result of the comments made in the forum, I just changed the JPEG2000.8BI plugin name to something else (so I still had it but it would not be recognised as a plugin) and the error message went away.

I found JPEG2000 to slow anyway so I will not miss it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections