BK
Posted By
Barb_K
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am pleased with the printed output of my digital camera images after manipulating them in PSE2 and after getting much help from this forum. I am using a calibrated monitor, Full Color Management, Abode 1998 profile, and printer color management. However, if the original image is a scan instead of from the camera, the colors are off. I ended up getting closer using same as source instead of printer color management but don’t understand why the difference when the other variables seem to be the same?

Barb

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Feb 23, 2004
Barb,

A lot of this is a mystery to me, including color management settings. One thing I’ve found, though, is to use the "Same as source" option when printing scanned images. I don’t know why but after many trials and a lot of expensive paper/ink that’s what I’ve found gives me the best results.

Joe
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 24, 2004
One issue here is whether or not your scanner has a color profile that defines its colorspace. If it does ( as the Epson’s do ) then you can choose to colormanage your scans, and perhaps even deliver them to Elements in the color space of your choice. If the TWAIN driver does not support color management , though, "as Joe says, your best bet is "same as source" which effectively bypasses color management.

An example of the color managed scanner application is at Ian Lyons’ site, <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/sfastv6/silverfastv61.htm> , where he examines the capabilities of Silverfast .

🙂

Brent
BK
Barb_K
Feb 24, 2004
Thanks guys. Yes, it is an Epson scanner. I will look into this further and I may be back. Thanks for the direction.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections