S
Posted By
sakura-chan
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone I just got my APE 2.0 and I need help allready. I did go threw the book but still clueless on some things.

I am makeing a wallpaper and I have 2 images up
1-picture
2-blank wallpaper

I mask the picture and copy it to the blank wallpaper. Now my questions are:

1- Is there a way to resize the image I just copied in 1 drag? (I see I can drag the upper corners but then it gets all distored, and I have to drap the top one also it there a way to drag it just once so that the sides and top move at the same time?

2- How do I make it transparent? (just the image I copied)

3- Also is there a way I can make the blank wallpaper one with the image I just pasted?

Thanks for all your help!!

Just a note I am just getting off useing Picture Publisher 8. So I am tring to do some of the things I used to do in there.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Feb 25, 2004
If I understand what you are trying to do this should work:
1. To resize and keep the dimensions in synch, hold down the shift key while you are dragging a corner.
2. You can adjust the opacity of a layer (like the one your picture is in) on the layer palette — look at the upper right of the palette. If you want to make it temporarily invisible, click on the eye to the left of the layer thumbnail in the layer palette.
3. To merge all your visible layers, go to the drop-down menu at the top right of the layer palette and select ‘Merge Visible’
Bob Warren
S
sakura-chan
Feb 25, 2004
Thanks one more thing:

I have this image of some cicles and they are black rings and the background is white now I want to change the black rings to pink so what I do it a mask the outside white and click simaler and then invert the mask so that it is on the black rings and then I try to fill in the rings with pink and it wont go. Am I doing something wrong?
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Feb 25, 2004
Check to see if your layer is locked (padlock icon to the right side of the layer). If it is (and you don’t want to unlock it), just make a new layer above it and fill your selection with pink there.
Bob Warren
S
sakura-chan
Feb 25, 2004
it is not locked
SR
Schraven_Robert
Feb 26, 2004
Sakura, to stay with Bob’s advice: lock the layer and then follow Bob’s comments.

However, may be it is possible to isolate the black rings with the lasso tool (conveniently called "running ants"). Once encircled you can then change the black colour into pink by varying hue. If you vary hue you will see that in fact you can make the black rings change into every colour you fancy.

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections