CM
Posted By
Cory McNutt
Aug 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys and gals…I finally decided on the 8500 and I really do love it. Bob Collette (from Kodak) helped me get it up and running…but I need suggestions for my PS7 settings for color mgmt, color profile, etc. Can you help? For some reason now when I load a picture in PS7 it tells me the picture does not have an embedded format and do I want to change it to working format (Adobe RGB 1998)? It never did that before? Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cory

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bernie
Aug 23, 2003
I love my 8500 and the printer does not usually need any adjustment to ITS settings. As for PS. I also have mine set to Adobe RGB 1998. Any picture coming into PS that does NOT have a profile, or a different profile then 1998 you will always get this msg. If you let it change to 1998 and SAVE IT, then the next time you open the file you will not get the msg since the profile now matches.
I use my printer to do Old West Photos at fairs and such, I use a digital camera that uses the standard profile, ( skb or some such thing) so I receive that msg also, I do NOT allow it to chance the the format because I have found that leaving the photo in the format from the camera is best, and prints near perfect on the printer. However if I am doing work on scanned photos etc., I use the 1998 profile, I am just comfortable with it, either way I have found the printer does not need any adjustment in the printers color management. (Be sure adobe gamma has been set and is running)
I do recommend that if you don’t have the printer on version 2.01, do update it, and if in the first printer properties page that ENHANCEMENT be turned off.
The only bitch I have is that it is not plug-in play. Every time the computer is started the printer has to be re-installed. I delete the printer before I shut down the computer so that I don’t end up with a bunch of printer profiles for Kodak, and I copied the folder from the CD to the desktop with the new drivers (2.01) so that when the printer is turned on and it goes to install, I choose the Advanced method and leave the browse to file pointed at the drivers folder on the desktop. Its OK to turn the printer on/off load it reload etc as long as the computer has not been turned off, it will work. Also be sure to NOT buy the 8×11.5 paper as it won’t print an 8×10. the 8×12 is your best option.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 24, 2003
Thanks, Ralph…I did the Adobe Gamma thing and it made a BIG difference. Based on Bob Collette’s suggestion, I didn’t even load the driver that came with the machine…I just downloaded the 2.01 version and I am using it…however, I am confused about your comment about the "plug & play"…I am using the USB port and I have no problem with having to reinstall it each time I start the computer…are you using USB? Thanks for your help…I’m just so surprised that there are so few people using the PS7 and the 8500…

Cory

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections