RH
Posted By
robert_held
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
as newcomer i posted a query (about contact printing) but i have no idea how to look for answers, if and when they come in from other users. could someone tell me? Do i look for my subject? Most of the answers seem to be months old. my e-mail is

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RH
robert_held
Feb 27, 2004
don’t know if my previous question got through, I pressed ‘enter’ instead of the ‘post message’ button. The ‘lost’ question is: how to print a contact sheet from selected pictures, not necessarily from the same folder, but assembled on the screen, by clicking on the desired thumbnails.
When the ‘contact print’ is clicked, ALL pictures from all over get into the contact sheets, despite unchecking the ‘subfolder’ mark.
My goal is to get a handle over the selection to be in a particular contact sheet. Thanks. Robert,
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 27, 2004
Robert: I don’t think you can do what you’re trying to do, at least not with the contact sheet tool. My experience has been that all the pictures have to be in the same folder. I find it fairly easy to create a temporary folder and either move or copy the pictures I want into it, then do the contact sheet.
RH
robert_held
Feb 27, 2004
Chuck thanks – now allow me to ask the next: How do i make a folder and get these selected ones into it? You guess that I am very new to Photoshop Elements (my experience of many years was with a great DOS based CAD system,GENERIC CADD, a totally different world, alas) Here when I get to WINDOWS > NEW FOLDER, my knowledge stops. I can drag the pictures one by one into this new forder, but in this case when these photos are dispersed in two-three folders, say A, B and C . even if I have A opened, how do I make this new ‘catchall’ folder D VISIBLE to copy all from A and then from B and C??? (The manual is terrific, but it assumes a lot of prior knowledge, which I lack)
RS
Robin_Schold
Feb 27, 2004
Robert

Try using Windows Explorer. That will allow you to open a folder in the larger right hand window. You can then drag the files from that window to the "new folder" in the expanded list in the left window.
Sounds complicated but pretty simple once you get the hang of it

Robin S
RH
robert_held
Feb 27, 2004
Dear Robin, If you wern’t around, you ought to to have been invented. Windows Explorer is in the All programs page, I shall get to it right now. If I get stuck, allow me to send new SOS. THANKS!!! Robert Held

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections