Running Photoshop Mac in a single window (like XP)

K
Posted By
kennyfrank
Dec 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance… I’m a newly converted Mac OS X user (from Windows after 20 years).

I’m running the Mac version of Creative Suite Premium CS2.3 on a Mac Pro tower with 4GB.

Is it possible to have Photoshop run all in a single window so that I can have Photoshop and other applications visible simultaneously (Dreamweaver, for example)? Right now whenever I click to a browser or DW or any other application Photoshop goes down to an icon on the dock.

Any help is appreciated! Happy Holidays and thank you.

-Kenny Frank
kenny dot frank at excellanz dot com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JM
John McWilliams
Dec 17, 2006
wrote:
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance… I’m a newly converted Mac OS X user (from Windows after 20 years).
I’m running the Mac version of Creative Suite Premium CS2.3 on a Mac Pro tower with 4GB.
Is it possible to have Photoshop run all in a single window so that I can have Photoshop and other applications visible simultaneously (Dreamweaver, for example)? Right now whenever I click to a browser or DW or any other application Photoshop goes down to an icon on the dock.

Any help is appreciated! Happy Holidays and thank you.

Just drag the lower right hand corner of any application, document or folder to resize to taste. Then you can open another, drag the top into place, and size it to fit side by side.

john mcwilliams (via usenet)
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 17, 2006
No, that’s the way Macintosh works.
And that DOES allow all applications to be visible, or hidden as you like.

And on XP, CS2 allows you to work both ways.
JC
Josh_Cardoza
Dec 19, 2006
how would we do that on xp?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections