U
Posted By
uzapuca
Dec 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys, Is there any way to edit the photoshop filters like when I have a Layer Mask. For example if I apply a light effect I would like to be able to doble click and edit it rather than having to doing over and over again when I want a new effect.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

Sebastiao

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Dec 20, 2006
Hum, you mention filters and effects, which is it?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 20, 2006
There is always Edit>Fade which allows you to back down on the amount a Filter or Adjustment is applied.
U
uzapuca
Dec 20, 2006
Actually If I apply a light effect such as Lens Flare, after done it I cannot edit it later on, Can i? I would have to erase it from the history palette… The question was if there was any way to do it as if I was working with a Layer Mask that I have the F button, and I always change the values of shadows, belved, etc…I am sorry if I am not too clear, english is not my first language as you can see.

Thanks,
Sebastiao
B
Bernie
Dec 20, 2006
If I apply a light effect such as Lens Flare

It’s not an effect, it’s a filter

I would have to erase it from the history palette

Yes

one thing to do would be to apply the filter on a copy of your layer and use a layer mask on that.

You may also want to play with the CS3 Beta, I understand it has some pretty nice new features wiht filters
RM
Rick McCleary
Dec 20, 2006
CN’s technique of applying the filter to a copy of the layer and then using a layer mask to hide (or reveal) what you want is the way to go in CS2.

The Smart Filters feature in CS3 is the elegant way to do it.
PT
Phil_Taz
Dec 20, 2006
You can apply the lens flare to a layer initially filled with 50% grey and use blending modes to apply it. that means that you always have access to the filter as a separate object.

The best way is to create a new layer, fill with 50% grey (100%opacity) then change layer blend mode to ‘overlay’ and you can move your flare anywhere and control its strength at any time…..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections