SP
Posted By
Stephen_Pierce
Dec 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

O.K. I realize this is probably a scanner issue, but since I upgraded to CS2 and OS 10.4.7 the quality of my scans have gotten bad. Particularly when using the attachment for my 2 1/4 negatives. The grain is blotchy and I get these thin black lines running across the final result. I’m using an Epson Perfection 1650 that I bought a couple years back and have never had a problem with it.
I have the sharpen option set to low and scaling option set to around 400. Like I said, it’s probably an Epson issue (maybe time to buy a new one) but I’m interested to know if anyone else has had a similiar problem.
Thanx,
And Happy Holidays,
Stephen

www.stephenpierce.com/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 24, 2006
Check the cable connection.
SP
Stephen_Pierce
Dec 24, 2006
thanx, I’ll give it a try.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 25, 2006
Black lines are unusual besides making certain you have a proper connection, which is more than likely the cause if that alone does not solve the problem I suggest trashing the epson folder in the User/Preferences directory and if you wish also reinstalling the epson scanning software.
SP
Stephen_Pierce
Dec 25, 2006
thanx Wade, I’ll give that a try as well.
B
Buko
Dec 25, 2006
Stop using Photoshop to scan with.

Just use the scanner software as a stand alone.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 25, 2006
Stop using Photoshop to scan with.

Nonsense, you"re fine the way you are Stephen.
SP
Stephen_Pierce
Dec 25, 2006
Thanx Wade. I need to hear that more often in life!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections