NK
Posted By
Nurali_Kushkov
Nov 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please, can anyone tell me what to do in this case? I have an ok PC config: Pentium Dual Core 2.8GHz
3 Gb 533MHz RAM
2*250Gb 7200rpm 16ms HD’s
250 ATI X700 graphic card

AFTER I finished developing the file from digital back APTUS 75 (33Mpix) and try to open next image, I get that error message… You can see everything in screen shot, there’s a plenty of free RAM & CPU resourses.
Thanks in advance, Nurali

<http://www.nuralikushkov.com/random/out_of_ram.pdf>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Nov 12, 2006
Reduce the RAM allocation in Photoshop’s Edit>Preferences>Memory and Image Cache to 55% or less and ensure you have plenty of free space on your scratch drive.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2006
It would also help a lot if you told us what you were doing when you got that message.
NK
Nurali_Kushkov
Nov 13, 2006
Hi Guys, thanks for your fast reaction! 🙂
I didn’t try to reduce ram allocation yet, I just thought that 70% is ok cause there’s still enough memory for system needs.. Or not?
I’ll try to describe "step by step" my moves in PS: I Open an image in camera raw converter, do all adjustments that image needs and proceed it to Photoshop for further editing. I usually convert in 8 bit 300 dpi. When i have it in PS I put some adjustment layers. Sometimes it can be a very few layers, or it can be 10-15 or so. When I thinks its done I use an action to save it in PSD not flatten, then Tiff, high res JPG and close image. No problem so far. But when I try to open next image for the same processing I get that message. Every time.. So I have to restart PS..
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2006
Try reducing the memory allocation.

Also, update ACR to the latest version.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections