EV
Posted By
Ellis_Vener
Dec 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PscS2 in OS X10.4.8 on a color managed (Gretag-Macbeth Eye One Photospectrometer) iMac duo Core 2.

When I use the Image >Duplicate tool , the duplicate appears slightly darker. Both are in the same color space and the on screen magnification is the same. It’s not an uneven monitor illumination problem or viewing angle problem. I’ve checked those by moving the on screen position of the images and also my head position relative to the monitor.

Using the eyedropper tool set to a 3×3 sample and measuring the pixel values at the same x,y coordinates in both the original and the duplicate, the red channel in the duplicate is about 2 points lower than in the original. in the upper mid tones — the "skin" range". Highlights appear and measure the same, as do quarter tones.

Why is this happening? And is there anything I can do about it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 1, 2007
It could be a Rosetta thing. ?
CB
charles badland
Jan 1, 2007
Color Engine choice wouldn’t have anything to do with it? Would it?
EV
Ellis_Vener
Jan 1, 2007
Rosetta? Maybe. Hadn’t thought of that.

Color Engine is the same for both images.
R
Ram
Jan 2, 2007
Color Engine is the same for both images.

Well, that tells us nothing.

The question is whether you are set to ACE (Adobe Color Engine), or to Apple’s ColorSync, which is broken.
EV
Ellis_Vener
Jan 2, 2007
ACE is the color engine of course.
CB
charles badland
Jan 2, 2007
If you shift+drag the duplicate on top of the original, and toggle layer visibility on and off, do you still see a difference?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections