OD
Posted By
Owen Dawson
Sep 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My images when viewed in CS3 and in bridge are different ( lighter ) than when viewed in LR. Profiles on all images are prophoto rgb. Screen is calibrated. Any thoughts on what settings could be causing this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Sep 27, 2008
Owen,

There are dedicated forums for Adobe Bridge Macintosh and for Lightroom. You’ll get better answers over there.
B
Buko
Sep 27, 2008
Bridge is not Lightroom
OD
Owen Dawson
Sep 28, 2008
I’m aware of that. It seems to me that colors should look the same no matter what program your using. if i’m looking at an image that i just edited in pscs3 and bring it back to LR they should look identical and they don’t.
GB
g_ballard
Sep 28, 2008
are you stripping the profile in PS

are you applying the source space in LR

is LR color managed (PS is)

this has been covered here before…
OD
Owen Dawson
Sep 28, 2008
Not being an expert on all of this, a little guidance would be appreciated if your time permits.

To my knowledge i don’t think i’m stripping any profiles. I bring the image in to ps and usually save as tiff with prophoto rgb profile or save as jpeg.

if i’m putting photo on web i save as srgb.

If i export a photo from LR i usually export as copy w/ adj and apply prophoto rgb – 16bit. I don’t know what you mean by – is LR color managed? My understanding is that you don’t have control of the profiles in LR as it uses prophoto rgb.

If you can point me to a previous post that covers this i would be happy to try and figure it out. Thanks for your time.
B
Buko
Sep 28, 2008
There is both a Bridge Forum and a Lightroom forum since many of us do not use Lightroom It would be best to ask this question in those forums. as this is the Photoshop forum and Photoshop is not Lightroom.
OD
Owen Dawson
Sep 28, 2008
thanks all for the help. Colors are matching.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections