B
Posted By
bullynj
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I pulled a photo from istockphoto.com that is 300dpi, I need to put text on the photo and save the file as 300dpi, how do I make sure what Im doing is right?

I pulled the photo up on photoshop and put text on the image and saved it as a pdf file and when i zoom it looks great, but I sent it to the customer and my customer is tellign me their printshop says its not 300dpi. Please help me.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Nov 17, 2006
Can you post the file somewhere?

Bob
B
bullynj
Nov 17, 2006
can you email me and I will email the file to you
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 17, 2006
Click on my name…go to my website and you’ll find my contact info there.

Bob
PB
philipp.berndt
Nov 17, 2006
after you do the necessary editing got to the top menu Image -> Image Size and find the DPI there, if its not 300dpi change it to 300 but before you do that uncheck the las box (where it says bicubic or bilineal, i dont know the settings name cause my ps is in spanish), thats so you dont screw up the quality.. also if you do it this way, the image size will change!

wrote:
I pulled a photo from istockphoto.com that is 300dpi, I need to put text on the photo and save the file as 300dpi, how do I make sure what Im doing is right?

I pulled the photo up on photoshop and put text on the image and saved it as a pdf file and when i zoom it looks great, but I sent it to the customer and my customer is tellign me their printshop says its not 300dpi. Please help me.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections