ED
Posted By
Emeril_Darose
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was tring to clone part of my background to remove a flare but it didn’t work. I selected the clone tool, picked the section I wanted with alt click, then went to the area with the flare and clicked on it, but there was no change. It didn’t cover over the flare, the area I cloned was black and the flare is white. When this didn’t work, I picked the paint brush set the color to black and tried to paint over the flare, this didn’t work either. Help !

What am I doing wrong ???

Emeril

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 7, 2004
Emeril, check to make sure the brush mode is set to Normal and that the opacity is set to 100%. Also, make certain you’re working on the layer that you’re trying to change. These are a couple of the things that cause the cloning and painting operations to go awry.

Chuck
ED
Emeril_Darose
Mar 7, 2004
Chuck,

I was working on the back ground, and the brush was set to normal and 100%, the original photo (tiff copy of).

Emeril
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 7, 2004
Did you simplify the background image by double clicking on the original layer?
ED
Emeril_Darose
Mar 7, 2004
??????
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 7, 2004
I don’t think you need to simplify the background to do cloning.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 7, 2004
Emeril, you might want to try resetting preferences and see if the tools return to normal.
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 7, 2004
Oh, yeh, you’re right, Chuck! I’m so used to simplifying the background that I forgot it wasn’t a "rule"! 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections