How to resize multiple files in Photoshop CS2?

AG
Posted By
alex_geysar
Jan 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am learning photoshop and I would appreciate if anyone can tell me how to resize multiple files. For example lets say I have 20 JPEG files that are 500×500 pixels and I want to resize all twenty at the same time to lets say 150×150. I tried on the file browser section, I selected the 20 files and clicked on batch but couldn’t find anything on resizing. Is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 19, 2007
Make an action.

then run a batch.
AG
alex_geysar
Jan 20, 2007
thanks for that, I created the action by calling it "resize" then clicked on record and the file that I had opened I clicked on Save for Web and resized it then I saved it as a web file, after that I click on stop on the action.
But when I try that in the flie browser section using batch it wants to save it to the same file name, how can I make each file save to its own name?
Thanks again
____
Feb 12, 2008
In article ,
wrote:

thanks for that, I created the action by calling it "resize" then clicked on record and the file that I had opened I clicked on Save for Web and resized it then I saved it as a web file, after that I click on stop on the action. But when I try that in the flie browser section using batch it wants to save it to the same file name, how can I make each file save to its own name? Thanks again

Reading the documentation that explains this rather complex and version specific set up of "actions" is the best advice you’ll get.

As you have been told creating the action is the first part, you must also specify folders for saving the batched files in the menu that pops open when you select the batch command. One more helpful piece of this puzzle and that is your action must include a save or save as command to work. I typically chose save as and that way files are not over written and lost in the event something goes horribly haywire. 🙂

RTFM.

Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections