Posted By
Pete_Deininger
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I currently have each element of my design on it’s own layer with some things visible and other things visibility-turned-off. When I have Layout1 as i like it, I create a new Layer comp from the palette and save it as LayerComp1. I choose all 3 of the options for visibility, position and appearance.

Now I go toggle some visibility on certain layers, move some things around to different positions, etc. and create a new layer comp called LayerComp2. Again I select all 3 options for visibility, position and appearance.

Now when i use the Layer Comps palette to scroll through my saved comps, some of the items in LayerComp1 are in different positions/colors than they were when I saved them… but they aren’t quite where I left them for LayerComp2, either… They seem to have gone wherever they darn well please.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong with Layer Comps? I thought the nice thing about them was that I could scroll through 3 or 4 of these saved Comps with my client and show them 4 unique designs from one file??? But some elements are not where they were when i saved the layer comp.

Thanks for any help!
Pedro

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jan 30, 2007
each layer comp needs its own set of elements if they need to be in different positions
PD
Pete_Deininger
Jan 30, 2007
hmmm…. i wonder why they have that toggle box to apply to "Position" then, when you create a new layer comp? Seems like you could do away with that checkbox if it doesn’t remember an element’s positioning…

Thanks!
B
Buko
Jan 30, 2007
Maybe I’m doing it wrong but I can’t get positioning to work.

I know it works in ImageReady with Rollover states
PD
Pete_Deininger
Feb 1, 2007
anyone? beuhler? beuhler?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections