RB
Posted By
rebecca_bowker
Feb 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open an image in ps cs2 i opens as quite a small image, yet when i try to resize it it becomes becomes extremely blurred to the point of being unrecognisable. Hoewever, when I open the image in any otherapplication the images remain sharp and with great contrast untill it fills the screen.

Please can anyone help me open images to a size that i can easily modify – Many thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RB
rebecca_bowker
Feb 11, 2007
1 – press file
2 – open
3 – I then choose an image from iphoto (I am using a mac) 4 – the image opens auomatically
5 – when you go in to imga size it is set to 360 x 240 pixels 6 – however much i increase the image size by it blurs, whether it is to 110% or 200%

hope this helps
B
Bernie
Feb 11, 2007
try command + (plus) or command – (minus) to change the view
RM
Rick McCleary
Feb 11, 2007
when you go in to imga size it is set to 360 x 240 pixels

It sounds like you are opening a thumbnail or preview version of the image that has been created by iPhoto instead of the original image file. 360×240 is very small. Are these images from a digital camera?
AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 12, 2007
To simplify, find the original image on your hard drive without using iPhoto (just do a Find for the file name). Then drag and drop the image file on top of Photoshop’s icon in the dock. After the image opens go to Image/Image Size and see what size you get.

Personally I have never liked iPhoto and do not use it, preferring strictly Aperture, plus PSCS when needed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections