Posted By
adopey
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am using PS7.0.1 to design and edit cover templates for a series of journals.

I always use the same routine of placing the chosen image into a circular text box in quark (for position), saving as eps and rasterizing the result in photoshop so that I can paste the image into a .psd template and export to tiff.

Now for some reason for the past 3 months when I cut my image and paste to the psd it pastes at about quadruple the size (or more) and comes right off the page and I have to scale it right the way back down! I have checked my export options in quark and i am exporting at 100% size, everything else seems to be in order. I checked that my raseterizing resolution matched that of the template .psd and cannot find any other reason why this may be happening.

I know this isnt the end of the world but this procedure used to work fine and Im absolutely stumped as to what is causing this.

Anyone have any clues??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
progress
Aug 2, 2004
resolution…not got 300dpi and 300dpcm confused?
A
adopey
Aug 2, 2004
AAh! you are correct!

I was indeed rasterizing at 300ppcm.

I didnt think that one would ever catch me out!!!

many thanks Progress I owe you one…
P
progress
Aug 2, 2004
no problem…i’ve done it many times…:)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections