SB
Posted By
Shauna_Bishop
Feb 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did a bit of batch retooling in CS2 on a number of images that I want to upload to my website. The plan was to resize all of them to 72dpi, 500 pixels on widest edge and save as jpeg as per website instrucions. Target size: 100kb. So I write an action, apply to all, yet about 10% of images still read as 2-3MB in Bridge and on my hard drive. When I reopen these files in CS2 to manually check and reprocess them they read as 100kb. No hidden layers, all 8bits. Could XMP data add to the size of the image? Or am I missing something completely?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 14, 2007
Are the Color Profiles embedded?
If so try to save without embedded profiles and see if that reduces the file-size.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 14, 2007
Seems I was hasty with previous post, the RGB-profiles seem insignificant in this regard, the CMYK-profiles are the voluminous ones.
So no helpfull information here.
If You suspect XMP data, have You tried deleting under »File Info« – »Advanced«?
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Feb 14, 2007
Have you tried to purge the cache for the particular folder in Bridge?
B
Buko
Feb 14, 2007
Use Save For Web (SFW) when saving for the web.
SB
Shauna_Bishop
Feb 15, 2007
Lets see, purged the cache, made sure the profiles were all rgb and also resaved for web (SFW) and deleted as much as I could under file info/advanced. Still no luck…sigh. Has anyone else used other sites/forum for advice?
B
Buko
Feb 15, 2007
you are most likely looking at the original files not the SFW files.

there is no way a SFW jpg that is 500 pixels wide can be 2 to 3 MB.
B
Buko
Feb 15, 2007
Do you even know where you are saving the files on your hard drive?
SB
Shauna_Bishop
Feb 15, 2007
When I created the new files and batch proccessed I saved them in a new folder on my hard drive. The thing of it is only 10% of the total batch is affected, all the other conversions went well. When I open these affected files in photoshop they read as the smaller size. In bridge, in the new folder, they read as larger. I do believe it has something to do with some previous editting/profile embedding. I am going to open the orig raw files from DVD, redit and resave for web and see what happens.
SB
Shauna_Bishop
Feb 15, 2007
Fixed it…>>assigned<< a new profile, not just >>converted<< it to profile. well who knew..Thanks everyone for your help!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections